Last resort?

55ffpw
Level 1.5: Cupcake

Not sure where else to turn. I have an AndroidAtWork profile on my personal device through my company. I was getting a message saying that my password was going to expire soon. At a certain point the device said that the password expired. Now when I enter my 8 digit passcode to open the device it says "The password expired. You must change the password to continue using this device." When I hit OK it just returns me to the passcode screen and I am effectively locked out of my device.

I've been working with our internal support and they have tried to push a policy eliminating the passcode requiurement but it hasn't had any effect. It appears that the new policies are not taking effect. To anyone's knowledge is there some way to disable the passcode or enable some way for me to reset it? Or some other solution?

55ffpw_0-1728329479398.png

The device is still checking in with the host. Is there any chance that the passcode would be eliminated or I would get an option to reset the passcode if the device was "Retired" from AndroidAtWork?

If this is the wrong place to be posting this I apologize, if there is a better place to post it I'd appreciate the guidance.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

As i never tested BYOD long enough to get in such case, I'm not entirely sure but how about removing the work profile and add it again?
There's a risk of losing locally stored data in the work profile, so think about that before.

But normally i would expect that you still can reset your password here without doing this.

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

Echoing @Moombas have you tried going into settings to manually change the password rather than waiting for the prompt? 

Although it sounds like this is the device password rather than for the profile itself?

Has IT issued a reset command?

Michel
Level 2.2: Froyo

What password are we talking about here? Device password, work profile password or maybe both? 

The screenshot seems to be from Intune which might have conditional access configured. You can have policy saying you don't need a password, but if conditional access requires you to have one with specific demands, you might end up in this situation. Make sure that IT has checked that as well. 

If it really is BYOD, you should be able to remove the work profile via Intune or direclty on the device. After that, no policies would force you to change your device password and therefore, it should not expire. But as Moombas mentioned, this might result in loss of locally stored data