Can’t add work profile

Dagareux
Level 1.6: Donut

Before I delve into the adb logs, anyone seeing issues enrolling Samsung devices running Android 14? Since a few weeks now, I and a few other users get the error: “Can’t add work profile”. The only way around it is to reset to factory…I did that yesterday and was able to immediately enroll after and today I unenrolled and re-enrolled and got the same error…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue resolved itself and it seems from my tests that the issue came from the fact that the Intelligent Hub application was not completely uninstalling. This was evident when I tried to uninstall the app and it just reinstalled immediately, ie: no download. The logs showed that it thought there was already a work profile created and so refused the installation. This makes sense given the circumstances. I had to reboot several times and retry so that it actually downloaded instead of installing without any kind of download %.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Moombas
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

I can only tell for fully managed devices: No issues with Android 14 enrolling with our MDM used yet.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello @Dagareux,

Great to meet you. To add to what Moombas mentions here, I wonder what enrollment method are you are using? 

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

Dagareux

 Hi there, it’s a BYOD work profile enrollment. I can see this in the adb logs:

IMG_8561.jpeg

Moombas

Is the target devie an unmanaged private one or an already managed company one?

If its the second: Only one of them is possible at the same time.

Dagareux

It’s a personal unmanaged device. 

Moombas

You may should look into that with your MDM provider then because the massege says that there's already a managed profile on the device as far as i understand it correctly.

Dagareux

I don’t see how this could be related to our MDM provider? Are you sure it’s not something related to Samsung devices considering that they implement their own Android One UI? We’re not seeing the issue with other Android manufacturers right now. 

Moombas

Hmm, thats strange.

My tests on a Samsung A33 with BYOD went fine in the past, didn't check on A14 but i have several fully managed Samsung devices working well on A14 as well.

Dagareux

I’ve opened a case with Samsung - I’ll report back when I have something substantial to share with the community.

The issue resolved itself and it seems from my tests that the issue came from the fact that the Intelligent Hub application was not completely uninstalling. This was evident when I tried to uninstall the app and it just reinstalled immediately, ie: no download. The logs showed that it thought there was already a work profile created and so refused the installation. This makes sense given the circumstances. I had to reboot several times and retry so that it actually downloaded instead of installing without any kind of download %.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Great to see you update here @Dagareux. Really pleased you were able to get to the bottom of what was happening here. Thank you for coming back and sharing. Hopefully it is all smooth sailing from now on. Are all your devices now enrolled on to Android 14?

P.S - I hope you don't mind, but I've marked your updates as the 'Accepted Solution' here, let me know if you would prefer me to remove this. 🙂

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

Um
Level 1.5: Cupcake

I need to used with my work profile